Thursday, October 15, 2009

Salon de Ning @ The Peninsula (Revisited)



Quality time can be spent either by yourself or in a crowded bar @ LFK shouting from the start to end. I personally prefer the former which can be a lively experience as well. Salon de Ning is one of the few places where I can and I would spend the whole night by myself enjoying the live music from a great band! Now that this place offers Happy Hour promotion, I have one less excuse to come here more often during the week. Too bad the live band performance starts around 9pm, after the Happy Hour period.



I came here tonight during the Happy Hour and stayed for 2.5 hours to chill, to relax and to enjoy some great vocal and Jazz from the live band after 9pm. I come here a few times a month (with friends and by myself) not just for the music but for the atmosphere. I tried many cocktails on their menu before including the heavily promoted Hong Kong Dragon but I personally like the cocktail Sexy Doll the most. Aside from its interesting name, it was a tomato juice based cocktail which I found to be very comforting.



A worthwhile note was the excellent service. It was a minor act but it is often the most trivial act that make the world of differences. A variety of snacks were being served to each guest and tonight I had the Ning's chocolate, sour cream chips and some corn puffs (I think). I finished the chips within 10 mins and without further request, one of the female staff (whom also acts as bartender occasionally) noticed that somehow and returned with a big plate of chips for my enjoyment. Thumbs up!



Likes:
  • Atmosphere / Decor & Excellent Services
  • Wonderful live band performances
Dislikes:
  • Music volume can be a bit loud sometimes
  • No song requests (I wonder if they would change this rule / guideline later)
Avg Spending: HKD 200 - 300 per person

Salon de Ning
UG, The Peninsula Hong Kong,
19-21 Salisbury Road, TST
Tel: 2315 3355
http://www.salondening.com/


View Larger Map

2 comments:

George Alexandrou said...

Great insight. The Peninsula is the "grande dame" of Hong Kong hotels. Style, sophistication and luxury for the most discriminating guest. I am always confident to send my clients, be it for business or pleasure, to this amazing property.

Jason said...

@George: Thanks for dropping by my blog. The Peninsula continues to be my top pick among the many hotels in Hong Kong and I always depart with a smile on my face.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails